Bike to Work Day 2017 (the “Contest”) OFFICIAL RULES
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. ET on May 1st, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 5th, 2017 (“Contest Period”). To enter the Contest online, complete the official Bike Month online entry form available at http://bikemonth/biketoworkday.ca (the “Contest Website”) and click on “Submit". One entry per person per e-mail address. Multiple entries will be void. All entry forms must be received during the Contest Period. All fields on the entry form must be completed unless indicated as optional. Entries will be disqualified if the registration form is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. Automated, programmed, scripted or robotic entries are prohibited.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of Ontario who a) have proof of residence within or b) have proof of employment in or proof of enrollment in a secondary or post secondary school within the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). Participants must be 13 years of age or older prior to May 1st, 2017 and who have a valid email address. Contestants between the ages of 13 and 16 at the time of entry must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the contest. Employees or representatives of Cycle Toronto, Smart Commute, participating municipal staff, and any other suppliers of materials and services related to the Contest, and any member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children, or spouses) or household (whether related or not) of such employees or representatives are not eligible to win.
3. DRAWING: No later than June 16th, 2017 an eligible entrant for the prize(s), will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Selected entrants will be notified by phone (if number is provided) or e-mail within two business days of the draw. In order for a prize to be awarded, the selected entrant must first (a) correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time by telephone; and (b) sign a standard declaration and release form (“Release”) confirming compliance with these Contest Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing Cycle Toronto, MEC, VIA Rail, Smart Commute, and their respective directors, officers, agents, representatives, employees, successors and assigns (“Releasees”) from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use of the prize or any portion thereof. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within five days of selection, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing questions, or does not return the Release by the specified deadline, that entrant will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. This process will be repeated until the prize is awarded.
4. PRIZE: There are three prize packs available to be won. Each prize pack consists of a MEC Midtown bicycle and a $300 VIA Rail voucher. There will be only one winner from each participating Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area municipality eligible to win. The prize is not transferable, must be accepted as awarded, and cannot be substituted, whether in cash or otherwise, except at Cycle Toronto’s option. Cycle Toronto reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if a prize, or any component of a prize, cannot be awarded as described above for any reason. The prize will only be awarded to the verified winner.
5. PRIVACY: By entering the Contest, each entrant expressly consents to Cycle Toronto, participating municipalities and their respective agents and/or representatives storing, sharing and using personal information submitted by the entrant with his/her entry form only for the purposes of administering the Contest. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by entrants unless entrants provide explicit permission to do so as indicated at the time of entry. Questions about the collection of personal information should be addressed to Cycle Toronto, located at the Centre for Social Innovation - Spadina, 215 Spadina Ave, Suite 149 Toronto, ON M5T 2C7 or 416-644-7188. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that Cycle Toronto may use his/her name, address (city/province), photograph or other likeness, statements about the Contest and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to any Internet-based medium, at any time and in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notice. Cycle Toronto’s handling of all personal information is governed by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limitation, Releasees will not be responsible or liable for: (a) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, or undeliverable entry forms; (b) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption; (c) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials; (d) any injuries, damages, or losses to any person or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest (including, without limitation, damage to any computer system resulting from accessing or downloading information related to the Contest) or any Contest-related activity or from the acceptance, possession, participation in, use or misuse of a prize; or (e) electronic communications that are undeliverable and/or redirected from an individual’s email inbox as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, including but not limited to spam filtering, or insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email messages.
7. GENERAL: Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. Contest is void where prohibited by law. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of Cycle Toronto, whose decisions are final and binding on all entrants in all matters related to the Contest, without right of appeal. Entrants who have not complied with these Official rules are subject to disqualification. Cycle Toronto reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest should any virus, bug, worm, trojan horse, technical failures, printing or other administrative error, human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Cycle Toronto interfere with the proper conduct of the Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules. In the event that, due to a printing, production or administrative error, more than the advertised number of prizes are claimed, there will be a random draw conducted amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes after the Contest closing date.
Paragraph headings are for convenient reference only and are not to affect the interpretation of these Official Rules. No correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners or as otherwise in compliance with Rule Five (5) above. If any provision of these Official Rules is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable. In any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision shall not affect any other provision of these Official Rules.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the official pledge form. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization or person that is responsible for the assignment of email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A selected entrant may be required to provide Cycle Toronto with proof that s/he is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
Cycle Toronto reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify, from the Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Cycle Toronto, any individual that it finds or believes (a) to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Contest or Contest Website; or (b) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CYCLE TORONTO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.