Join the Smart Commute Markham, Richmond Hill network for a FREE 7 km group ride in the Highway 7 and Leslie Street Corridor.
Join the Smart Commute Markham, Richmond Hill network for a FREE 7 km group ride in the Highway 7 and Leslie Street Corridor. The event will include prizes, giveaways, exhibitors and a chance to network with local cyclists.
This year’s ride will include a longer stretch of the Highway 7 bike lanes and various types of cycling infrastructure in the Commerce Valley and Beaver Creek business area.
Pre-registration is required by noon on May 26th at explore.smartcommute.ca/s/b2wd. Register by Friday May 19th, to enter yourself in our early bird prize draw to win a Cineplex movie package for two.
Please note: Prior to joining the event, participants are required to sign a waiver and are responsible for transporting their own bikes to the start location. Visitor parking is available on site at no cost. Additional check-in is required on the YRT bus at the event.
This event includes…
• Continental breakfast for riders (provided by Smart Commute MRH)
• Bike safety checks (provided by Evolution Cycles)
• Water break at Town of Richmond Hill
• Stretching and soft tissue therapy with the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
• Pre-ride cardio warm-up courtesy of Focused on Fitness
• Bike rack demo by York Region Transit
• Free t-shirt at check-in on the bus
• A chance to win great prizes (including a new bike!), courtesy of Evolution Cycles, WSP/MMM Group, Qualcomm, JoyRide 150 and York Region Transit!
Can’t bike to the event?
The options to bring your bike are endless! Transport your bike in your vehicle, carpool with a friend, or consider taking transit, as all Viva and York Region Transit buses are equipped with bike racks. See www.yrt.ca for transit schedules.
For Smart Commute MRH workplace employees, log a cycling trip at explore.smartcommute.ca anytime between May 1 and 29 to win one of two cycling repair kits! Visit bikemonth.ca for more details on how you can win great prizes by showing your support for cycling.
If you have any questions about the group ride, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 289-844-3026.
We look forward to seeing you there!