Love Your Bike Festival
Give your bike some love. Bring it over for a free check-up. Antique bike show, coffee, treats, rides, BBQ, kids activities and PRIZES!
- Event Type
- Festival / Special Event
- Saturday, June 23 at 9:30 am - Saturday, June 23 at 2:30 pm
- RSVP Required
The fifth annual “Love Your Bike Festival’ will be held on June 23/18 starting at 9:30am on the north lawn of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church., 161 Norfolk Street (at Suffolk).
The festival includes the young and old in celebrating Guelph’s favourite mode of transportation – The Bike. Together with community partners, three of Guelph’s cycling shops (Backpeddling, Paramount Sports and Speed River Bicycle) will be on hand to offer free mechanical checks in preparation for the Tour de Guelph which rolls out the following day.
- Don’t miss the “Wrench-Off” at 10:00am featuring Guelph’s top bike mechanics in a tire fixing competition
- As a special bonus, Clayton Foxall of Backpeddling will be displaying part of his antique bike collection
- Come early for coffee and treats
- Try a demo bike!
- The morning will be rounded off by a moment of silence for fallen cyclists followed by a'Blessing of the Bikes'
- There will be two group rides. One, led by GCAT, is a police escorted family ride, “The Easy Rider Parade,” around Exhibition Park
- The second ride, led by Guelph Off Road Bicycling Association (GORBA), "The Two Rivers Ride” will be along the recreation trails to Guelph Lake and back.
- Both rides (helmets and signed waivers required) leave at 11:00 sharp
- Rides finish at The Wooly at 12:00noon with a BBQ, refreshments and activities provided by Steam Whistle. Kids who participate get a free hotdog and a drink!
Return To Event Calendar
- This event has
- Public washrooms
- Bike Parking
- On-site food or beverages