The Brampton Cycling Advisory Committee provides an advisory role to Brampton City Council.
The Cycling Advisory Committee provides an advisory role to Council by fulfilling the following mandate:
• Provide advice on matters pertaining to cycling in Brampton by responding to requests from staff and Council related to both utilitarian and recreational cycling in the City.
• Provide input to City staff on the delivery of the Bicycle Facility Implementation Program.
• Review legislation and policies relating to cycling and advocate to City Council and other legislative bodies for cycling-supportive legislation and policies.
• Assist staff with updates and implementation of the Pathways Master Plan.
• Liaise with the following groups to effectively utilize resources and share information relating to cycling in Brampton:
o Cycling Committees and/or staff from surrounding municipalities
o Peel Regional Police
o Brampton Transit
o Professional Organizations (OTC, Velo Ontario, etc.)
• Represent the cycling community and promote all forms of cycling activities within Brampton through campaigns, community rides and an annual promotional event;
• Work with the assigned City staff to meet the mandate of the committee by developing an achievable annual work plan including communications and budget requirements.