Published May 24, 2016 16:50
There's less than a week left to sign up for Bike to Work Day! Bike Month is just around the corner - join us and thousands of other cyclists for this annual kick-off event. But don't stop there. Why not bike to work all year round? We've rounded up the five best reasons to bike to work every day - check it out!
REASONS TO BIKE TO WORK
- It's way cheaper than driving! Once you own a bike, maintaining it costs just $500 a year.
- It's a free gym membership. Imagine getting your daily 30 minutes of activity simply by commuting!
- Goodbye, traffic jams! Bike lanes, multi-purpose trails, and side roads are your best friends when whizzing past car traffic.
- Arrive at work refreshed and ready to go. Riding your bike fills your lungs with fresh air and clears your head, helping you take on your day.
- Bike parking is free! All you need is a good lock and you can lock your bike nearly anywhere. Your business or school may even have special facilities for you to keep your bike, or they may let you bring your bike into the building.
Sources: grist.org, businessinsider.com, The Sierra Club