1 Pandemic + 2 million students learning remotely =
No Bike to School Week 2020
Elementary and secondary school students in Ontario are learning from home, doing their part to flatten the curve on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Thank you to their families and to the 128,000 teachers who are making this possible. Under these conditions, it is not possible or appropriate to plan for Bike to School Week, the annual celebration which begins on the last Monday in May.
Many of us are embracing walking and biking to stay healthy and active during this difficult pe<riod and it’s a great habit to maintain when students are able to return to their classrooms. While we will not be registering schools for Bike to School Week in 2020, we look forward to celebrating biking to school during Bike Month in September, and International Walk to School Month in October.
For ideas, inspiration and step-by-step instructions on implementing biking activities in the classroom, in the schoolyard and in the neighbourhood, check out the Bike to School Week Guide for Schools.
Event posters include space for each school to include details about a school event, while General Posters promote the campaign overall. Regionally-branded versions for Region of Peel and York Region will be available soon. To download, click on the file you want (on Windows, use "right click" to save the file into a specific location on your computer.)
- Bike to School Week 2020 - Event Poster, English - Ontario
- Semaine vélo-école 2020 - Affiche modifiable, français - Ontario
- Bike to School Week 2020 - Event Poster, English - Toronto
- Semaine vélo-école 2020 - Affiche modifiable, français - Toronto
- Bike to School Week 2020 - General Poster, English - Ontario
- Semaine vélo-école 2020 - Affiche, français - Ontario
- Bike to School Week 2020 - General Poster, English - Toronto
- Semaine vélo-école 2020 - Affiche, français - Toronto
- Trip Tracking Poster, 11 x 17, English
- Trip Tracking Poster, 11 x 17, French"