Published May 21, 2019 15:23
Discover Hidden Gems in your community.
Looking for somewhere fresh to ride? We are excited to launch a brand new Hidden Gems series as part of Bike Month across the GTHA and Guelph. These weekly features will give you insider tips on some of the best trails, paths, and on-street bike facilities. Whether you cycle to work, ride the trails on the weekend, or bike to get around town, we hope you’ll find a hidden gem. Then, share it with a friend, colleague, or family member who wants to give biking a try this spring.
Did you know you can ride from Downtown Burlington to Hamilton on buffered bike lanes?
Buffered bike lanes on Lakeshore Road make riding along Burlington’s waterfront a breeze
Enjoy this brand new buffered bike lanes on Lakeshore Road's cycling facility!
The bike lanes take you on a scenic ride from Downtown Burlington to the City of Hamilton.
Running parallel to Burlington’s Beachway Trail and Lake Ontario, these new facilities encourages cyclists to pull over and enjoy marvellous views of the lake.
On a sunny day, why not pack a swimsuit and towel and plan to stop for a dip?
Ride and win!
Did you know you could win a prize just by riding your bike during Bike Month? Sign up for the contest and you'll be entered to win one of six $300 MEC gift cards.
There are three easy ways to enter:
- Ride your bike to school or work on Monday, May 27
- Participate in an official Bike to Work Day event
- Ride your bike during Bike Month (May 27-June 30)
Once you register, get bonus entries in two ways: download the Commute Tracker app and log one or more trips, and recruit a friend through email/social media using a unique link. The contest closes at midnight on May 27, 2019.
Get ready to ride on Bike to Work Day in Burlington!
- Kick off the cycling season with group rides, community events, and more! Visit our Events Calendar for details.
- On May 27, celebrate Bike to Work Day with a group ride and breakfast, featuring cycling prizes and giveaways! Details here.
- Tell us what you’re up to during Bike Month! Tag us @BikeMonth using #BurlON #BikeMonth #BikeBurlington
Where do you ride?
Photos: Nicholas Jones